Product Manager, SeeScan; San Diego, CA — June 2019 – Current
- Managing development of several applications, including native apps for Android and iOS and a desktop app for Windows.
- Managing software development for our monitor line. We are currently re-architecting our embedded linux platform to lay the foundation for our future wireless monitor line. Coordinating with local and remote teams on multiple levels of the software stack.
- Personally developed an iOS app for internal use with our monitors and related camera systems. The app is used to install software, run performance tests, and debug new features.
Software Engineer, Sendlane; San Diego, CA — May 2017 – August 2018
- Lead a refactor of our application that provided substantial performance improvements and delighted users.
- Designed and implemented a back-end eCommerce data syncing service using a test driven development strategy.
- Managed a remote front-end developer and architected the first major UI overhaul.
Software Engineer, Source Intelligence; Carlsbad, CA — April 2013 – May 2017
- Established and maintained trust between our dev team and program managers by working closely with PMs to understand customer issues and prioritize features accordingly.
- Delivered UI enhancements, customized reporting, and simplified customer provisioning that reduced manual program manager work from days to minutes.
- Promoted from intern to Jr. Software Engineer and then to Sr. Software Engineer.
Ground Crew Chief, Sky’s the Limit; Carlsbad, CA — October 2008 – August 2010
- Lead ground crew in proper hot air balloon handling, setup, landing, and teardown.
- Worked closely with the owner to improve safety protocols, maintenance, and training and hiring practices to become the highest-rated hot air balloon company in San Diego.
University of San Diego; San Diego, CA — B.A. Computer Science — 2012
Noteworthy classes: Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms, Data Mining, Parallel Programming, Automata, Object Oriented Design.
- Version control: git, GitHub, and GitLab
- Cloud services, AWS: ec2, SNS, SQS, Pinpoint, load balancers, and IAM role management
- Wireless technologies: Bluetooth Low Energy (ADUs and BLE advertisements)
- Agile development – Scrum, affinity scoring, scrum master, extreme programming
- Databases – MySQL, MongoDB
- UI Mockups – Balsamiq
Evee — September 2020-Present
Evee is a platform for planning events with friends. The goal is to create a simple, platform independent solution to inviting a group of friends and family to an event, allowing users to track their guests’ responses. Guests aren’t required to join the platform and can respond via text message. I’m planning to have a beta release ready in late December 2020.
Evee SD — February 2019-June 2019
Evee SD was an idea I had to aggregate and index events across many platforms to make it easy to find new and interesting things to do. The goal was to simplify the process of searching and discovering events across multiple platforms. I worked as a product manager with one other developer to build a prototype. We did complete a working prototype in approximately 2 months, but I did not continue the project after starting at SeeScan.
Sharp Memorial Hospital; San Diego, CA – March 2018 – August 2018
- Supported patients by being attentive to their concerns and triaging to the appropriate medical professional.
- Gained insight into disparate software systems and ideas for improvement based on empirical observations.
Novice Men’s Crew Leadership Award – 2011
- Inspired first-time rowers to strive for excellence on the water and in the classroom.
Woodworking/Remodeling – Hobby — 2004 – present
- Self taught in high school. Continually refining skills related to design, planning, and attention to detail.
Restored Craftsman Style House – Hobby — 2015 – 2018
- Restored some of the original architecture and features of a house built in in 1930.
- Built new cabinets, restored doors and moldings, and planted 9 new trees on the property.
Captain of Social Soccer Team – Hobby — 2016 – 2018
- Started playing soccer in 2014, organized and captained a team that is still playing today.